Thursday, October 9, 2008

WEATHER WEATHER LANG

One of the things I like about Davao is its weather. At any normal day it is hot. For me, hot is good. It is definitely better than cold. It doesn’t normally rain here, that’s fine with me too. But when it does, it POURS. These past few months the rains have been coming in a regular basis which is highly unusual, probably it is an effect of global warming.
Today has been the worst so far. It was only 4 o’clock and yet the skies were dark with rain clouds. When the rains finally hit it was pouring. A lot of people were stranded, the situation reminds me of Manila, where a slight down pour would flood the streets. ^_^ . The streets were clear vehicles, except for the few who braved the waters. The jeep that I was on, was stranded more than three times until the driver finally gave up and made a U turn.
What made the situation even more difficult for me was that I was carrying my CPU. (it was used in one of my projects) I’ll tell you one thing, it is one experience I’m not eager repeat. It took me more than two hours to reach home but at least I reached home without getting the CPU wet.

No comments: