Saturday, September 6, 2008

Baking

It’s been a long time since I baked , the last time I baked something was more than 9 years ago, but last week I was able to bake not only one but two recipes of different cookies. Yummy! ^_^ Baking could be a good hobby or a small source of income for the millions of mothers out there who devote their time inside the home.

Fortunately for me, my mother is more than a decent cook ^_^, and she is into baking as well. I still could remember that when we were still living in Manila, my mother made a small business of selling cookies, and that’s how I was able to learn, by helping her in what she was doing.

Not more than a month ago, I suggested to her to start baking again for the purpose of fund-raising for the LCDC (Leadership Camp and Discipleship Camp) of IVCF (Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship) which would be held this coming October 22-28. We started baking this last week.

I’m not really that good but I do know the basics and of course in able to bake something you do need to have an oven. A microwave oven would not do, aside from having a different outcome it would also greatly increase your electric bill. ^_^

To those who are interested in baking, here is a recipe for chocolate crinkles… have fun….

Ingredients:

¾ Cup granulated Sugar

¼ Cup Vegetable Oil

1 teaspoon Vanilla

1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder

2 pieces eggs

1 Cup all purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

¼ teaspoon salt

¼ Cup powdered sugar

Procedure:

Mix granulated sugar, oil, vanilla and cocoa powder in a bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.

Heat oven to 350° F. Grease cookie sheet. Shape dough by rounded teaspoon into balls. Roll in powdered sugar. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake until almost no indentation remains when touched lightly in the center 10-12 minutes.

(recipe is from Gold Medal)

1 comment:

karl said...

wow.. it seems so deliciouso!! say abre!!